2020 Eisteddfod Update. (July 2020)
The SASDS committee is excited to announce that we WILL be holding the 2020 Eisteddfod!!
The dates and location for the 2020 Eisteddfod remain the same
SAT 26 SEPT – SUN 4 OCT 2020 at PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE.
Our hope is to run an Eisteddfod to allow as many dancers as possible the opportunity to perform on the stage for 2020. Troupes and Solo/Duo/Trio sections will be going ahead, however the health and safety of all of our competitors, teachers, parents, families, community and volunteers remains our top priority and there will be changes to the running of the Eisteddfod to reflect this.
As we continue to plan over the coming weeks for a Covid Safe event we will update you with information on how the Eisteddfod will be run for 2020. Please make sure you have subscribed to our mailing list to ensure you receive the updates via email. Don’t forget to also follow us on social media!!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION/CHANGES TO NOTE
SASDS EISTEDDFOD 2020 – COVID UPDATES AND CHANGES TO THE 2020 EISTEDDFOD ONLY
Much to our great disappointment, we will be unable to have a dedicated Hip Hop Night for 2020. We will still have Hip Hop Crew/Troupe and Solo, Duo/Trio sections available to enter, however we will run these as part of the normal Eisteddfod programming
There will NOT be a Secondary Schools Showcase for this year, however School troupes are welcome to enter regular troupe sections if they wish.
- We anticipate that Troupe entries will open on Friday 10th July (TBC)
- We are combining the Classical and Character Sections for all ages. This section will now be Classical Ballet or Character/Demi-Character Troupe Open.
- There will be NO National Troupe sections.
- There will be NO speciality lighting available. Standard Stage lights only.
- There is no entry from the centre of the rear curtain.
- We anticipate that Solo/Duo/Trio entries will open on Friday 24th July (TBC)
To allow as many dancers as possible to have the opportunity to enter we have made the following changes for Solo/Duo/Trio entries for 2020. In the event that we do not sell out this will be revised as needed.
- Each Solo competitor can enter a MAXIMUM of 5 sections (excluding Championships/Scholarships)
- Each Solo competitor can enter a MAXIMUM of 2 Championship/Scholarship sections.
- Each Duo/Trio can enter a MAXIMUM of 2 sections.
- There will be NO Aggregate Awards (Novice or Open)
Please also head to the relevant pages on this website for all current Rules, Terms & Conditions of Entry and to ensure you are familiar with available sections and time limits etc.
We are looking forward to seeing you all at our 2020 Eisteddfod.