30.To enter a Scholarship/Championship section, competitors must have entered and competed in a qualifying open section(s) as follows:
- Modern Championship – one of either Musical Theatre or Jazz AND one of either Lyrical or Contemporary.
- Classical Scholarship – one of either Classical Ballet OR Character or Demi-Character.
- Theatrical Championship – one of either Song & Dance OR Song & Tap.
- Tapping Championship – Tapping
31. The minimum age for all Scholarships and Championships will be ten years.
32. Solo, Duo/Trio competitors are provided with a competitor’s pass for free entry to the competitions. The Stage Manager will undertake random spot checks during the eisteddfod to confirm dates of birth and details of the competitors.
33. All Principals must be financial members of the society and can collect their passes, in person, from side stage at the eisteddfod venue. Principals must nominate teachers who require a side stage pass to the Committee by July 31 of each year and then these teachers can collect their passes in person, from side stage at the eisteddfod venue. Any other person/persons requiring to be side stage need permission from the Stage Manager and will be required to be registered and have identification visible at all times side stage.
34. Troupe performances must have a minimum of four (4) competitors. There should always be at least one competitor on stage at ALL times.
35. Protests regarding breach of rules, or adjudicator’s decisions, are to be made in writing within two hours of completion of section and to be accompanied with a deposit of $20 which will be forfeited if protest is not upheld.
36. The decision of the SASDS committee in relation to protests shall be final. All entries are received subject to this provision.
37. In the event of a tie in any section full prize money will be paid to each competitor. In the event of a tie in sections involving aggregate points, full points will be allotted to each competitor. Prize money and aggregate points will be awarded on Adjudicators placing’s irrespective of the number of entrants.
38. Where a tie occurs for any aggregate, the greatest number of firsts will decide the winner. If firsts are equal then the greatest number of seconds or thirds will decide the winner. In the event that firsts, seconds and thirds are equal then joint winners will be declared.
39. The Adjudicator is given the right to withhold any prize where sufficient merit has not been displayed.
40. A detailed criticism (crit sheet) will be provided for each performance in every section and may be obtained only by the teacher, competitor or their carer, at the ticket box.
41. Aggregate points will be awarded on Adjudicator’s placing’s irrespective of number of entries.
42. All Aggregate (open and novice) winners and runners up are no longer eligible to enter any novice sections in future Eisteddfods.